Saturday, January 21, 2012

Salman Rushdie at the Jaipur Lit Fest

Fans and Avid Readers!!!!!!

No, this post is NOT about Salman Rushdie and his presence or lack thereof at the Jaipur Lit Fest. If you came here hoping to read my esteemed views on this subject based on the informative title of my post then all I can say to you is  - Don't believe everything you read on the internet. 

Now I am going to tell you the reason why I cannot bear to attend the Jaipur Lit Fest.

It will be too crowded with people both you and I may know. Too many common friends at a celebrity event = too much fake air kissing = noise pollution.

That's it.

 



8 comments:

sp said...

i was looking forward to your esteemed views.
and even wikipedia goes off occasionally. what to do for info now?

oof ya! said...

i am sorry i did not provide you with my esteemed views. but like i said - don't believe everything you read on the internet :P

sp said...

but it is the only way to function. wikipedia is the word of truth.

sp said...

also may i direct you to my new blog? the old one is not going to have anything new on it. shiny new blog for a shiny new year.

Anand said...

Yes, I agree with you that one should not believe everything one sees/reads on the internet. For instance, even the blogger picture on this blog is a huge misrepresentation.

:)

oof ya! said...

awesome work smurf. i shall fix your new blog in my links.
anand - cannot believe you are agreeing with me. please record this moment for future reference.

Meghnad Sahasrabhojanee said...

Oh there was a lot of fake air kissing. And it was noisy too. The kissing I mean. People just won't stop from going ummha ummmha. But the festival was quite enjoyable. A good break from the normal routine (not that I have a routine, but I like to say so. Confirmation bias, you see).
You missed it. If you would have been there, I would have loved to read your posts on the same.

oof ya! said...

Meghnad, please write about how you were conned. you have hyped the story enough and not told it :P