Thursday, June 15, 2006

useful link

I remeber that a while ago i wrote a post on street sexual harrasment and this one person called libran lover simply kept missing my point!

His point: when men sexually harrass women they are simply expressing a basic "natural" sexual urge.

My point: sexual harrasment of women is a LEARNT behaviour which is possible in a gender unequal environment that teaches men that they are stronger/more powerful than women thus giving them the "right" to sexually harrass women.

My argument may not have been all that coherent. But recently I came across this post and the writer has some very well articulated, clearly expressed observations on sexual harrasment. Go read: saucebox.almeidaisgod.com/?p=85

1 comment:

angry fix said...

thanks for the link.
i kind of like her fire and brimstone style.