Tuesday, January 28, 2014

cancer and charity

My actions are so complicated sometimes, it boggles the mind. My mind.

Yesterday, on my way back home, I saw two people standing outside the metro station holding a banner and a box. Donation box. For cancer patients.

I gave a hundred rupees.


I will now openly say, this is the LEAST amount I have donated towards a cancer charity.

Least.

Ask me why. Actually, don't ask me why. Let me just tell you that these guys and their box reminded me of something very similar that occurred about 8 months ago.

I was exiting the metro station one evening 8 months ago when I saw 2 people with a banner and a box. Donation box for cancer patients.

That evening, I had dropped in a thousand rupees. Ten times more than what I dropped in yesterday.

But my life was so different 8 months ago.

8 months ago, this blog had nothing to do with cancer. Now, I have so much to say. So much to say and so much that I choose to leave unsaid.

Asking me to donate for cancer patients is like - I don't know what it is like, okay? There is nothing like it. You don't have to ask. I just do it anyway.

Maybe now a hundred rupees to me means what a thousand rupees meant to me then.


Expensive stuff.

Let me just tell you that knowing cancer in the way that I have come to know it over the past few months has left me battling with my finances.

Let me tell you that being borderline broke helps nothing.
 

Having emotions can be so expensive.




No comments: