Saturday, February 18, 2012

networking with the dead

A few months ago, while cleaning up my grandmother's bed    I found her visiting card. What can I say to tell you how I felt? Just use your imagination, okay?  

A little after that, my workplace issued me my visiting cards.  I hated my old office so much I never bothered to collect my  visiting card. So the ones that I have this time around are officially my first visiting cards. I know my grandmother would have been crazily ecstatic if  I had shared them with her. Just like I was when I discovered her visiting card.

So we exchanged cards. I placed my visiting card next to her photograph. I carry her's around in my wallet. 
I think the world underestimates the relationship between grandmothers and granddaughters. 

2 comments:

Anand said...

:)
I agree.

I placed my visiting card next to my grandparent's picture !!!. I am sure they would have been happy.

:)

oof ya! said...

>:D<